Don’t ignore the acre of diamonds in your own backyard. When marketing your home for sale it is critical that you emphasize the best parts of your home, homesite, and community and de-emphasize the less attractive features.
In marketing terms, you need to find your Unique Selling Proposition (USP). What is it that sets your home apart from any other home on the market? This is a simple concept but there is nothing simple about actually identifying it.
Here are some ideas to get your started on your journey to find your USP…..
- You have the largest homesite of anyone else on the market
- You sit atop a bluff and overlook the city and no one else sits as high making your view the best
- Because of your location in the community and sitting higher than anyone else, you have a basement and no one else does
- You have more bedrooms than anyone else in your community
- You have a higher square footage than anyone in your community
- You have more usable yard space than anyone else in the community
- Your home was the builder’s model home
- You have the lowest priced home for the square footage in Anne Arundel county
- You have the best view for the sun setting over the Magothy River than any other house in the community
You get the idea. You need to market the uniqueness of your situation and sell it. Put it on all of your marketing. Your Realtor should review this with you before your house goes live. It can take some time to figure it out, but without having a USP, you are just one of the fish in the pond.
Live well and set yourself apart!